Monday, August 18, 2008

Daily Review #1: Luigi Figurine from Nintendo

"Neither Daily nor a Review"

There comes a time in every persons life when they have to make some form of review. Nowadays, there are games reviews, book reviews, film reviews, and even reviews of other reviews. I decided to take a stab at it and make a review of...well anything really. Rather than make it about one solid thing, I think I'll make it about pretty much any object I can get my hands on in my local vicinity.

Starting with this, a figurine I only just got my hands on in the post, from nintendo, take a look:

I apologise for the blurriness, so to compensate I took a screen of the figurine on its website, nintendo's 'Stars' Catalogue:

Put simply, I feel duped. I acquired this figurine in the mindset that it wouldn't basically be like something you get in a kinder surprise of some sort. I was wrong. Sure, it says 3x5cm in the description, but then again, who reads that crap? Kids looking at this page essentially see this

(note: if you are age 18 or over the linked image will look identical to the boring one shown)

The figurine is really small.

But like, so what right? it's not like I paid for it: I managed to trade of some 'star' points for it. What are star points? they're invisible moneys you get from purchasing and registering Nintendo products online. That figurine cost 2000 - 2000! but I think I ordered it for free with the Wii I got for Christmas. What's that? Christmas? Yes, that is correct. I bought this piece of crap at Christmas, and received it Today. Nintendo must have decided it would be better to use a series of pulleys and perfectly placed domino intricacies over air mail or something. I got it in the mindset that it'd be this fairly sizable collectible that I could put on the shelf beside my Huge Altair figurine I got for buying Assassins Creed on launch day. Here's a comparison of the two:


You might have to squint, but there's Luigi just about in the shot. I actually heavily edited this image: Luigi has been blown up using photoshop about 10-15 times his regular size.

So there you have it, Nintendo conning people. Not to mention the Figure actually came in a kinder egg style thingy:


Cheapass Nintendo.

Also, for a bonus, here's my Assassin' Creed T Shirt. Truly badass, and free! Nintendo needs to take a leaf out of Ubisofts big french shirt thing.

No comments: