Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Daily Review #3: My Wardrobe

"The Horror.....THE HORROR"

I really don't want to sound like a kids' program off of nickelodeon or something, but something is really to be said about my wardrobe at the moment. At best it looks like a half-assed attempt at storing all my unwanted crap in one place. At worst it looks like I neatly arranged everything, then threw a grenade in for good measure.


Not really, of course. I'm just really lazy right now. It's technically still summer, even though everyone I know is already taking part in 'Operation Schooltime'. Well not exactly, but something similar like getting their uniform, which here in Ireland we wear to school, and of course the hopelessly expensive school books. It's a load of crap really, and I for one refuse to take part in it. Instead I re use my uniform and books each year, ever since primary school.


It saves a lot of money. Besides, does YOUR Science book have a cat with sunglasses on it? I don't think so.

Anyway, onto the wardrobe review.

Alright, if you'll direct your focus to the centre of this photo, you will notice that it is a wardrobe. Try to ignore all the other crap for a moment and focus on it. It's not too big, maybe big enough to hide in as I sometimes do. Lets have a closer look.

woah, ok. Time to identify this mess. OK, if you look from left to right: there's a lidl bag barely in view, I think it has some old holiday crap or something. Right beside it is a really old word processor. You really cannot get more 90's/early 2000's than this. It's basically the computing equivalent of a tiger handheld, in that it is shit. It's basically a fully purpose built MS word machine for making documents and stuff. I once used it in my youth to write a story about a boy who could control the weather, but it was terrible since his main use of his power was to make lightning hit the office of a greedy corporation in the hopes of scaring them into giving money to charity to support his dying friend. It was heartwarming but made no sense whatsoever and is on an old floppy buried in the nevada desert. With all those ET games.

Aaaaanyway, the middle of the wardrobe, with the white shelving, is a shelf I received to keep my clothes orderly. As you can see it didn't work. Moving on, there's some more clothes and a PS3 box I refused to throw out. It now houses some old books or something. My school uniform is also there, hanging up above the box. As for the other crap, I have no idea what it is. Lets check out the uniform though, as a special 'back to school' section of the blog.


As you can see, its a stupid tourquoisey color and has a stupid V-Neck. Apparently we're supposed to get polo shirts or some shit but with a V neck that'd just look ridiculous.


Now for the top of the wardrobe:


Alright, you can just about make out a wii box I also did not throw away, and the big black bag thing is a guitar case. There's an m43 handgun pellet gun box so that if anybody opens my wardrobe, they know I mean business. even if it is just my ma looking in it when I'm in school.

Those other boxes are full of allsorts of random junk and god knows what. I'll have to sort it out some day but until that day comes, the doors shall remain closed.

No comments: